HOW DO I PREPARE FOR THE SCREENING?
Here is how you can make sure to have a successful screening experience:
- Although not required, we recommend fasting for at least nine hours prior to your screening; this includes all food and drinks except for water.
- Failure to properly fast may result in inaccurate blood test results. (If you have a health condition, such as diabetes or pregnancy, or any other medical concerns, consult a doctor before fasting.)
- Drink plenty of water to make it easier to give a sample of your blood.
- Continue taking medications as prescribed the day of the screening.*
- Arrive five minutes before your scheduled time.
- Allow about 20 minutes for your screening.
*Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking your medications, including taking them with food if necessary.