Stress less and
According to the American Institute of Stress, an estimated 1 million workers are absent daily due to stress. While stress is a natural response to difficult situations, it can become an overwhelming burden and can make it hard for people to be productive and present in their lives. Although stressful events are unavoidable, our reaction to them is something we can learn to control.
Meet the creator
Unwinding was created by Jud Brewer, MD, PhD (“Dr. Jud”) and a team of experts at the Behavioral Health team at Sharecare, with research conducted with funding from the National Institutes of Health in conjunction with major institutions. Dr. Jud is a thought leader in the field of habit change and the “science of self-mastery.” Building on his research, he has developed and tested novel mindfulness programs for habit change, including both in-person and app-based treatments for smoking, emotional eating, and anxiety and serves as the executive medical director of behavioral health at Sharecare. Dr. Jud also serves as Director of Research and Innovation at the Mindfulness Center and Associate Professor in Behavioral and Social Sciences and Psychiatry at the Schools of Public Health & Medicine at Brown University, as well as a research affiliate at MIT.
How Unwinding works
Through the Unwinding program, you will have access to key features such as:
- Mini-courses – short, effective video and audio courses on how our minds work and how to use mindfulness in stressful situations.
- Exercises – guided breathing exercises to help users de-stress quickly.
- Tools – evidence-based mindfulness tools, including guided meditations that build resilience and decrease chronic stress.
- Sleep support – including meditations and white noise tracks to help users get to sleep and stay asleep.
- Visual relaxation – award-winning content from Sharecare Windows.
- Expert support – live virtual events with experts, such as Dr. Jud.
Take control of your stress
Becoming more mindful of your stress triggers and building resilience to them can be the necessary step towards improving your sleep, mental health, and overall quality of life. By participating in the Unwinding program, you can learn proven techniques to help you deal with stress throughout the day.
This is a benefit available at no additional cost to Be Well SHBP members. Unwinding is not part of the well-being incentive program.